Saturday, October 22, 2011

Faux-Washi Tape DIY

Friday, May 27, 2011
Faux-Washi Tape


http://biancandm.blogspot.com/2011/07/dyi-decrative-tape.html

A few months back I was standing in the health care aisle waiting on my husband to select an antihistamine and I noticed the medical tape. Since the first place I go with anything is, can I use this in my art? I decided to buy some and play around with it. Low and behold I discovered that it makes an excellent faux-Washi tape!

For this you'll need: Cloth first-aid tape (I use Johnson's and Johnson's), nonstick craft sheet (you can use parchment paper in a pinch if you don't have the sheet), stencil, copic markers, copic abs and Panpastels.

First step, tear off a piece of the tape and stick down on your non-stick craft sheet:
Next, take your abs and spray the tape. I used a couple of different colors and made a stripped pattern, just by eyeballing it:
Next, I took my number's stencil (made by Coffee Break Design) and my Panpastels and using the white I stenciled the numbers onto the tape:
Here is the really amazing thing that I discovered about the Panpastels & cloth medical tape: it they won't smudge. AT ALL! No fixative needed. Take a look I rubbed my finger on it:
And no pastels came off:
You can add another layer of stenciled pastels in a different color, airbrush on top of it, stamp--really you can do any combination you can think of. So cool.

If you want to play around and experiment, then you can lay the finished tape onto a piece of parchment paper (available in the saran wrap aisle) to save them to use at a later date.

That's it for me today. Hope everyone is well! I'm going to go work on my journal and incorporate this tape into a page.

No comments:

Post a Comment