Thursday, August 15, 2013

Long time no art....

Ahhh... feels good to have paint on my hands again!

Dad was in the hospital off and on this winter for end-stage kidney failure.... went on hemodialysis.. then was too weak to return home so he spent three months in the nursing home in rehab.........  came home in May just as our school bond levy was kicking off... I was a co-chair for that.  Needless to say, no art happened this past winter, spring or most of the summer. Last week, we WON our school issue so it was worth giving up my summer.  Our kids get a new K-8 school and our high school gets updated so it's a district-wide fix!

I hated that old Junior High, I never wanted to go there...........didn't want my kids to go there... never considered that I would have to be the one to lead that effort to get rid of it.  None of us have children or grandchildren in the community - people asked why "three old ladies" were running the school campaign. Having survived it, it would be very difficult for anyone with children due to the time required - that is why we three "old ladies" bit the bullet... and we felt certain we could get the job done.

In my "dry spell" I discovered Pinterest so many of my favorite  links are now on ther

Now on to posting .... and I'm all about getting as much knowledge as I can about my new love... Gelli Printing!

No comments:

Post a Comment