Friday, March 4, 2011

Eileen Downes -torn paper artist

http://animoto.com/play/IFcUqfIMVEWiT0lYwRQQmw?utm_source=eileendownes.com&utm_medium=player&utm_campaign=player

My collage artwork is composed of many layers of torn paper.  I use torn magazine papers as my "palette of paint" working the image by adding and subtracting tonal values of paper until I create the desired effect.  I enjoy how words, phrases, and imagery from the magazine papers appear almost magically between the edges of the torn paper adding to the meaning of the piece. I leave the rough edges of the collage visible which adds to the layered feeling, and I add a touch of oil pastel to enchance the textural quality of the rough glued papers.

archival matte medium and acid free backing paper for my artwork.  The magazine paper is not acid free, but is from higher quality printed magazines.  The artworks should be framed under glass or plexi without touching the artwork itself.  Avoid placing the piece where it would be in direct sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment